PLAN AHEAD for SUMMER WORK PERMITS!
During the school year, work permit applications can be dropped off in the Career Center Monday-Friday from 8:45 am-3:15 pm. All work permits will be ready for pickup in two days.
During the summer, work permits are processed on a weekly basis. Work permit applications that are dropped off in the Main Office by 3 pm on Thursdays will be ready for pick-up by 3 pm on Fridays. For questions or further assistance, please contact the Career Center Technician, Rocio Aguilera, via email at email@example.com or call the main office at (805) 968-2541 to speak with a receptionist.
Steps to Employment
(1) Job Search Prep Kit
- Make a Master Job Application
- Make sure your voicemail and email address are work appropriate
- Keep a list of businesses that you have contacted ans how you have contacted them (examples: talked to manager, turned in application, went in to check on status of an interview, interviewed, etc.)
- At an entry level position very few employers will ask for a resume however when it is necessary you have will have to build one or update the one you currently have
(2) Job Search
- Network – who do you know?
- Pounding the Pavement – walk/drive around town to see if anyone is hiring
- Search online
(3) Prepare for Interview
- What to say
- What to bring
(4) Obtained Employment
- Every minor must have a work permit.
- All work permits expire 5 days after the first day of school.
- Minors must re-apply every year.
- All work permits applications can be dropped off in the Career Center Monday-Friday from 8:45-3:15.
- All work permits will be ready to be picked up in the Career Center within two days after submission during the school year.
- All work permits must be picked up and signed by the student and brought to the employer.
- Work Experience Education – If you are a Junior or Senior and would like to get high school credits for your employment contact Ms. Aguilera via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 805-968-2541 x4588.