School Site Council
2021-22 ~ Meeting Dates
- September 13 at 5:30 pm in the Library
- October 11 at 5:30 pm in the Library
- November 8 at 5:30 pm in the Library
- January 10 at 5:30 pm in the Library
- February 14 at 5:30 pm in the Library
- March 14 at 5:30 pm in the Library
- April 11 at 5:30 pm in the Library
- May 9 at 5:30 pm in the Library
Education Code Section 52852 (formerly 52012) specifies that a school improvement plan shall be developed by a school site council (SSC). The law says, “The SSC shall be composed of the principal; representatives of teachers selected by teachers at the school; other school personnel selected by peers at the school; parents of pupils attending the school selected by such parents; and, in secondary schools, pupils selected by pupils attending the school.”
At the secondary level the council shall be constituted to ensure parity between the principal, classroom teachers and other school personnel; (b) equal numbers of parents or other community members selected by parents, and pupils.
At both the elementary and secondary levels, classroom teachers shall comprise the majority of persons represented under category (a). (Education Code Section 52852)
Furthermore, Education Code Section 52852 states that parents or community members on the SSC may not be employed by the school district.
School Improvement is a program for elementary, intermediate, and secondary schools to improve instruction, services, school environment, and organization at school sites according to plans developed by School Site Councils.
The California Education Code requires the school site councils to:
- Measure effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school.
- Seek input from school advisory committees.
- Reaffirm or revise school goals.
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures.
- Recommend the approved single plan for student achievement (SPSA) to the governing board.
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA.