Beautify DP/NHS Community Service Hours
National Honor Society has a two hour community service component which is fulfilled through Beautify DP attendance or alternate community service. The dates for Beautify DP are below, as well as what semester the month of attendance will count for. For students that are unable to attend Beautify DP, the option of alternate community service is also available (see Forms for Request for Alternate Community Service). For alternate community service, the hours should be performed during the semester the student qualifies (hours should be done in the fall semester for fall semester grades, and spring semester hours may be done during the spring semester or summer). Click here for the Alternate Community Service form. Hours completed during the summer can be used for the prior spring semester or the subsequent fall semester. Alternate community service should meet the community service guidelines.
- Fall 2019 community service list - students who have fulfilled their two hours for the fall 2019 semester (our current semester)
- Spring 2020 community service list - students who have fulfilled their two hours for the spring 2020 semester
NHS has adopted Beautify DP as its official community service project. Beautify DP dates for 2019-20 are as follows (but please refer back to this page for updates):
- September 14th (can count for spring 2019 or fall 2019 hours)
- October 19th NOTE NEW DATE (can count for spring 2019 or fall 2019 hours)
- November 16th (fall 2019 hours)
- December 14th (fall 2019 hours)
- January 11th (fall 2019 hours)
- February 8th (fall 2019 or spring 2020 hours)
- March 7th (spring 2020 hours)
- April 11th (spring 2020 hours)
- May 30th (spring 2020 hours)
Beautify DP takes place from 9 am to noon on the above-mentioned dates. NHS members should complete their community service hours before they turn in their qualification form at the beginning of each semester (for the prior semester’s grades). In other words, students should technically complete their community service hours before they actually know if they have qualified for membership for the semester. Students are required to attend Beautify DP for 2 hours. Additional hours spent at Beautify DP may be used towards the graduation requirement. Students who cannot attend a Beautify DP event due to prior Saturday commitments can use other approved community service hours. Please see Mrs. Stone if you have questions.
Students can sign up for Beautify DP here.
We appreciate adult assistance at Beautify DP! Click here for adult sign ups.