The College Now! Program provides a special opportunity for local high school and home school students to attend Allan Hancock College while attending high school.
High school students who meet the College Now! requirements and obtain the necessary permission from their principal or counselor may enroll in approved courses.
COLLEGE NOW! REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least junior or senior high school status.
- Reside and be enrolled in Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo county high schools or home schools.
- Students who have previously attended AHC must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at AHC to continue in the program.
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility, academic requirements, and the rigor of college coursework.
- Complete the College Now! Petition for Enrollment form; and obtain necessary signatures (high school principal/designee and parent/guardian).
- Enroll in a maximum of six (6) units per semester.
- Submit a completed AHC College Now! Petition for Enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts prior to enrollment to the Santa Maria AHC Admissions & Records office or at the Santa Ynez Valley, VAFB, or Lompoc Valley Center offices.
You may submit paperwork in person during normal hours of operation, or by fax to 805 922 3477.