Planning for College
Haven’t a clue about what colleges are out there? There are many different sites to help you select colleges that are a good match for you. Here are some to get you started:
- Naviance - Naviance makes college research easy. Whether it’s matching colleges to a student’s career interests, or comparing admissions rates at a student’s top college choices, our college planning tools allow students and families to make informed decisions about their options by comparing colleges and universities, exploring scholarship opportunities, tracking college applications, and accessing a variety of other college research materials.
- California Colleges - the official source for college and career planning in California
- College Navigator - information about colleges from the U.S. Department of Education
- Unigo.com – college reviews written by college students for students
- College Answer- planning for college from Sallie Mae
- Cappex -college matching, scholarship info and your chances for admission
- Chegg- college info, scholarship matching and internships!
- College Week Live – the world’s largest online college fair. See a live Q & A session with college admissions officer, talk to college students, watch a video—it’s all here!
- Big Future – not sure what you want in a college or how to pay for college? Want to make a step-by-step college plan? Check out College Board’s FREE college search and financial aid tool.
- Western Undergraduate Exchange - Students who are residents of WICHE states are eligible to request a reduced tuition rate of 150% of resident tuition at participating two- and four-year college programs outside of their home state.
- Cal-SOAP - The Mission of the Santa Barbara California Student Opportunity and Access Program (Cal-SOAP) is to increase the accessibility of the post-secondary educational opportunities for low-income, first-generation college-bound and/or underrepresented junior high and senior high students in Santa Barbara, Goleta and Carpinteria. Cal-SOAP is committed to advising, informing and exposing students and their parents to post-secondary opportunities and resources.
- Guide to the College Admission Process - a comprehensive guide prepared by the National Association of College Admissions Counselors to help navigate the junior and senior years