Beautify DP takes place once a month at Dos Pueblos and is an opportunity for students to maintain and improve the landscape of our school. Monthly projects vary from weeding, planting, mulching, painting, cleaning, trash removal, etc.
National Honor Society has adopted Beautify DP as their official community service project. NHS members are expected to attend one Beautify DP event per semester of qualification (two hours). Students who are unable to attend Beautify DP may perform alternate community service.
2018-19 dates for Beautify DP are (but please refer back to this page for updates):
- September 15th (can count for spring 2018 or fall 2018 hours)
- October 13th (can count for spring 2018 or fall 2018 hours)
- December 8th (fall 2018 hours)
- January 12th (fall 2018 hours) - cancelled due to rain
- February 9th (fall 2018 or spring 2019 hours)
- March 16th (spring 2019 hours)
- April 13th (spring 2019 hours)
- May 11th (spring 2019 hours)
- June 1st (spring 2019 hours)
Beautify DP takes place from 9 am to noon. NHS members should complete their community service hours before they turn in their qualification form at the beginning of each semester (for the prior semester's grade). In other words, students should technically complete their community service hours before they actually know if they have qualified for membership for the semester. Students are required to attend Beautify DP for 2 hours. Additional hours spent at Beautify DP may be used towards the graduation requirement.
Students can sign up here.
Parent volunteers are welcomed and encouraged! Parents can sign up here.