Beautify DP takes place once a month at Dos Pueblos and is an opportunity for students to maintain and improve the landscape of our school. Monthly projects vary from weeding, planting, mulching, painting, cleaning, trash removal, etc.
National Honor Society has adopted Beautify DP as their official community service project. NHS members are expected to attend one Beautify DP event per semester of qualification (two hours). Students who are unable to attend Beautify DP may perform alternate community service.
2019-20 dates for Beautify DP are (but please refer back to this page for updates):
- September 14th (can count for spring 2019 or fall 2019 hours)
- October 19th NOTE NEW DATE! (can count for spring 2019 or fall 2019 hours)
- November 16th (fall 2019 hours)
- December 14th (fall 2019 hours)
- January 11th (fall 2019 hours)
- February 8th (fall 2019 or spring 2020 hours)
- March 7th (spring 2020 hours)
- April 11th (spring 2020 hours)
- May 30th (spring 2020 hours)
Beautify DP takes place from 9 am to noon. NHS members should complete their community service hours before they turn in their qualification form at the beginning of each semester (for the prior semester's grade). In other words, students should technically complete their community service hours before they actually know if they have qualified for membership for the semester. Students are required to attend Beautify DP for 2 hours. Additional hours spent at Beautify DP may be used towards the graduation requirement.
Students can sign up here.
Parent volunteers are welcomed and encouraged! Parents can sign up here.