- The submission deadline has been extended to Tuesday, November 15.
- Entries must be submitted using the online form linked below using a personal email address.
- PLEASE NOTE: The form will not accept entries submitted using an SBunified email!
- Upon successful submission, students will receive a confirmation email.
- Visual Arts and Photography entries must be submitted digitally; however, we will also arrange to collect the original artworks so that judges may view them in person.
- If anyone has questions, please contact Hannah Parrish: email@example.com
Reflections, A National Art Contest
Reflections is a national arts recognition and achievement program for students, preschool through high school. Since 1969, over 10 million students across the nation have taken part in this popular PTSA program.
This year, Reflections is back again at DPHS and is better than ever!
The 20022-23 Reflections theme is "Show Your Voice".
Students can submit entries in one of six areas:
There is also a Special Artist Division for students with disabilities.
All finalists will receive advance to represent DPHS within the Santa Barbara Unified School District!
Please review the specific entry guidelines by category online at: https://capta.org/resource/participant-forms/. Participants are welcome to submit different entries to multiple categories with a maximum of one entry per category.
Submission Form and Deadline
To enter, just complete the linked form and include your art entry as an attachment: https://docs.google.
All entries are due by Tuesday, November 15, 2022.
Artworks are submitted first to the DPHS PTSA, where they are first recognized, celebrated, and judged by experts in our community. There will be a separate non-judged category for the Special Artist Division to celebrate student artists with special needs.
Each entry will be scored as follows:
Artist Statement (40 points! In 10 to 100 words, describe the work and how it relates to the theme)
Creativity (30 Points)
Technique (30 Points)
DPHS will then choose a selection of entries to be reviewed districtwide. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by districts are then considered for Outstanding Interpretation, Awards of Excellence, or Awards of Merit. Outstanding Interpretation and Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging round.
If you have any questions, please contact the DPHS PTSA Reflections Chair, Hannah Parrish at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to celebrate your creativity and insights!